Downloading Source - actual true size?

For more than two weeks now, I'm gradually downloading the Ubuntu touch
source with speeds of max of 500kb/s. Knowing the true actual and real size
of the repo goes a long way to help me know what data bundle to choose,
which saves the pocket as I get more discount per the higher the bundle.

I'm following the steps here:
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/porting-new-device/#anchor2

Which indicates:

mkdir phablet
phablet-dev-bootstrap phablet

Then just below the above, it says:

"This step will take a long time (several hours), as it is downloading
around 15GB of Android sources"

I want to know what the *actual, true, real and specific size* of the repo
is because I've passed even the 17.5 Gig mark and its still going and
downloading something about the Asus device.

I know there are commits ingoing daily, but I dont think a gig worth of
code is sent up per daily basis. Thus I'm sure the actual size of the repo
as of this second can be known.

A friend gave me a couple of tips a couple of minutes ago, as in using the
the -c flag when using repo sync to fetch the current branch. He said he
doesn't actually remember, but his repo is around 10gig+-.

I'm doing the downloading directly using phablet trusting that it'll
download the relevant stuffs, but is it going to fetch everything from the
cyanogen mod repo irrespective of the branch?

Thanks.

Follow ups