Re: r128 devel-proposed NOBOOT !

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 11.03.2015, 14:38 +0100 schrieb Christian Dywan:
> On 11.03.2015 00:35, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Michał Sawicz
> > <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Confirmed, it never gets past the logo.
> >>
> >> To recover, boot to recovery and use
> >> $ ubuntu-device-flash --revision=127 touch...
> > The issue was basically because /sbin/initctl was removed from the
> > image, making the boot to fail completely. inifinity pushed a fix in
> > live-build and I just started to build 129, hopefully that should be
> > all good again.
> >
> > Sorry for the noise, should hopefully be the last remaining bug that
> > we got as a side effect of migrating desktop to systemd.
> Don't we have boot testing nowadays? Or is this a TODO item/ bug report
> still?

that wouldn't have helped ... seemingly the tests install/remove
packages and reboot ...

most of our testing is totally moot if we don't actually produce an
image per landing instead of making the image writeable and taint it
with package installs (I'm claiming that since we started automated
testing ;) )

the changes to replace the init system (or rather to prevent us from
this change on phone images) were on a seed level, you cant really
emulate this without re-rolling a complete image.

ciao
	oli