Re: How to get Nexus 4 Wifi MAC address to be stable?

Hi

I didn't have an issue with this -- the Mac address wasn't changing, it
was set to the one in /persist/wifi/.macaddr, however I thought I'd
change it, so I edited that file, changed it to a new random one and
rebooted.

Now I can't connect to any networks. The only difference I found from
the suggestions below is that /persist/wifi was 700 and
/persist/wifi/.macaddr was (I think) 640 -- I changed these to the more
permissive values below, rebooted and still I can't connect to a wifi
network.

The new Mac address is reported correctly vi /sbin/ifconfig

Any suggestions?

All the best

Chris

--