Re: How to enable adbd service

hi,
Am Freitag, den 13.03.2015, 09:17 -0400 schrieb Vladislav Evgeniev:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone please tell me how to enable the adbd service?
>
> I'm working on a port for Photon Q. My image boots, but there's no
> graphics. Unfortunately adbd is not running and I cannot connect to
> the phone. The last_kmsg contains a line, complaining that adbd cannot
> be found, but I think that this message comes from android and adbd is
> intentionally disabled there.
> Is it possible to enable adbd in Ubuntu from the makefiles or I have
> to repackage the boot.img?

adbd in ubuntu lives in the ubuntu rootfs, not on the android side ...
for security reasons teh adbd binary in ubuntu has a check if the screen
is unlocked and if there is a password set for the "phablet" user ...

indeed this is a blocker for porting ... if your UI does not come up
there is no lock screen to check against :)

i have an unlocked adbd binary at
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/adbd

you can put that into /usr/bin/adbd on the rootfs and do the following:

echo "start on startup" >/etc/init/android-tools-adbd.override

that should bring up adbd as soon as your system switched to the rootfs.

ciao
	oli