Re: Debugging Online Account authentication in a scope

On 03/17/2015 08:10 PM, Robert Schroll wrote:
Hi all,

I recently got a report of an authentication problem in my Gmail scope
[1], and I don't know how to debug it.  I'm hoping that some of you will
have some tricks.

I've replied to the issue in GitHub, but just for posterity, here's a couple of useful commands to get more debugging info:

First, this:

    echo "LoggingLevel=2" > ~/.config/signond.conf

Then:

    OAU_LOGGING_LEVEL=2 OAU_DAEMON_TIMEOUT=9999 online-accounts-service

and try to reproduce the issue again. After you have done that, please paste the output which you got in the terminal and the contents of /var/log/syslog somewhere where we can see them. Make sure you replace any authentication codes with "XXX", because that's sensitive information.

Ciao,
  Alberto