Landing team 20.03.15

Hello everyone!

As I'm feeling a bit better already, I'm back as your daily landing
e-mail provider on this great Friday evening.

First news: most of you probably already noticed but we have a new
official OTA in the stable channel! Formally this is image: krillin #20,
mako #17 and emulator #16. This has been released on Tuesday and is
packed full with bugfixes. What to expect from the image itself? The
following commitlog and LP milestone list will answer this question. The
commitlog overviews what packages changed and which CI Train landings
happened while the milestone lists all bugs fixed in this milestone.
Remember, as this is a stability release, don't expect too many new
features:

 - Bugs fixed:
https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww11-ota
 - Commitlog:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ota/ota-2.commitlog

Besides that QA continues signing-off vivid silos and preparing for next
week's assessment. In the meantime we might land a few critical fixes to
ubuntu-rtm/14.09 still in case the branch-off of ubuntu-rtm to vivid
might need some more time. If that happens, we'll have some fixes in RTM
that we can use for a quick OTA-3.

Next week we will most likely also perform a promotion to devel since
this channel hasn't been touched in a while. The plans of how this
channel will be used will change in the future, but for now once vivid
sanity testing passes for our main platforms we might consider promotion.

In the meantime we had some issues in the CI Train, but those are now
resolved more or less and everything is back to normal. Robert added
some new, neat features, with new additions in the works.
Next week Robert will be on holidays, so Mathieu (cyphermox), Barry
(barry) and Ken (kenvandine) will be the main people acting as US
trainguard support. Thanks guys!

Anyway, have a nice weekend and see you on Monday.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#256 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/256.commitlog

#143 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/143.commitlog
#142 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/142.commitlog
#141 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/141.commitlog
#140 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/140.commitlog
#139 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/139.commitlog
#138 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/138.commitlog
#137 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/137.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#143 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/143:20150320:20150210/12496/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

None.

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not blank on idle
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391230
 => Merge requests present

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** APN editor: default Internet APN is ignored/overwritten
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415495

** [system settings] Count resets to 3 tries after 3 fails at sim unlock
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415850

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

* Known issues:

** After connection drops, mobile-data takes ~5m to re-connect
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418077

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

* Issues not impacting user experience: