Re: [Ongoing] Issues with CI Train Spreadsheet

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Tony Espy <espy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I noticed over the weekend that 'citrain device-upgrade' was getting the
> silo wrong ( ie. I'd specified ubuntu silo 13, and it started to process
> silo 11 ).

I have no idea how that could even be remotely possible. Unless your
pin is "0011" and you got your pin / silo number mixed up when
invoking the command. Check the source for the citrain tool:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/phablet-tools/trunk/view/head:/citrain#L59

Unless you've discovered a bug in *printf*, there's really no
possibility for the silonumber to not be exactly what you entered.

> I also noticed that the dashboard PPA link for my silo was wrong.  It's OK
> this morning, but just wanted to give a heads-up that things are still a bit
> unstable.

This is really troubling, as the dashboard is also "too simple to
fail". You can't just say "things are a little bit unstable", that's
not how it works. The problems we're having are in the google
spreadsheet, due to various issues with certain custom spreadsheet
formulas being so inefficient that they crush google's servers.
Neither the `citrain` shell command nor the links to the PPAs from the
dashboard have anything to do with the spreadsheet, and as a result
they should be totally unaffected by any spreadsheet issues, and if
they are having issues then those are serious problems unto
themselves.

So, in the case of the PPA links in the dashboard, those are literally
generated by a for loop. If the displayed silo name does not match the
PPA being linked to, well, I can't even imagine how such a situation
could happen. Your computer is behaving non-deterministically and you
should get that checked out. Just look at the source:

https://github.com/robru/citrain-web/blob/master/index.html#L61-L68

There just isn't a way that the value of "siloname" can change between
line 65 and 67.

In short, neither of the issues you've described are possible. I
recommend running memtest.