Landing team 30.03.15

Hello everyone,

This week we will be concentrating on OTA-3 from ubuntu-rtm/14.09. We
aren't quite there yet as a few critical fixes are still in the works,
so our promotion candidate creation might get delayed a day or two. Even
in the best case, since there are holidays nearing for some countries,
the best estimate for the OTA-3 to become available for users would be
somewhere next week.

As always this update will provide stability improvements and bugfixes,
we're expecting the battery usage to be slightly better afterwards as
well. Good stuff.

In the meantime vivid is also getting many fixes landed in the archives.
There are still multiple issues that need to get addressed before we can
branch it off to stable and currently there's no good estimate of when
that can happen. Parts of the QA team are looking into the state of
vivid for different devices this week, so we might have a bit more
up-to-date info later.

We would like to emphasize on getting the list of vivid issues decreased
as soon as possible. You can get the always up-to-date list on our
experimental landing issue tracker [1] or on the landing e-mails below.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#259 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/259.commitlog

#155 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/155.commitlog
#154 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/154.commitlog
#153 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/153.commitlog
#152 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/152.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#155 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/155:20150330:20150210/12548/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
[1] http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

** APN editor: default Internet APN is ignored/overwritten
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415495
 => Merge requests present

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not blank on idle
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391230
 => Merge requests present

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** [system settings] Count resets to 3 tries after 3 fails at sim unlock
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415850
 => Merge requests present

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** can't add credit card if bank inserts a manual confirmation page
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1421421
 => Merge requests present

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

** unity8 sometimes hangs on boot
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1421009
 => Merge requests present

** indicator shows (dozens of) out of range access points
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1427205

* Known issues:

** After connection drops, mobile-data takes ~5m to re-connect
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418077

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,