Re: OpenStreetMap

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 19:11:37 +0200
Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> El día Sunday, March 29, 2015 a las 03:51:46PM +0100, Alan Bell
> escribió:
>
> > works a treat for me, dunno why though, it asked me on first start
> > if it could have the location, then I press the arrow below the +
> > and - and it shows me sat in my house, can't be a more than 10m
> > out, but has a margin of error of about 50 m radius.
>
> mine locates now as well; but always one question remains: with
> foxtrotGPS in my other Linux phone, the marker remains in the center
> of the screen when one moves around (even by car), i.e. it looks like
> as the map moves below the location marker; it even draws a red line
> of the ride/walk; I'm missing this feature; or do I do something
> wrong?
>
> 	matthias

Did you look at OSMtouch it's a native app rather than just webapp I
think you can get basic routing on it and location is pretty reliable
once you have the first fix can take a tap or two to get it.  That also
works as you expect with the mapping arrow staying static and the map
moving around it iirc too.

--
You Make It, I'll Break It!

I Love My Job :)