Landing team 02.04.15

Hello everyone,

Tired of all the problems with the CI Train spreadsheet we decided to,
as a workaround, migrate to a new spreadsheet. As mentioned in the
previous announcement this is not really a solution, only a temporary
workaround before the replacement is done and ready for production.

Remember to use this link for the current CI Train spreadsheet:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain

We apologize for all the inconveniences. Because of the landing
information not being fully reliable, QA had to waste more time
double-confirming each sign-off request, wasting their testing time.
Hopefully the new spreadsheet should give us additional few weeks before
the next breakage - we should have something better by that time.

>From the landing news: the most important OTA-3 milestone fixes have now
landed in ubuntu-rtm. The landing gates will still remain open as there
are a few other important changes that we're waiting for, but so far it
seems OTA-3 should have everything that we planned. QA is currently
signing-off a rehaul of indicator-network, this will make the indicator
generally more responsive, fixing a few good bugs (one of them
critical). Please keep a look-out for indicator issues once that lands
in an ubuntu-rtm/14.09-proposed image - which should happen around tomorrow.

And as the final note: we seem to be currently low on free vivid silos,
so your landing might be a bit delayed because of that. Also, remember
that tomorrow (and essentially on Monday to even a bigger extent) there
will be less QA people due to holidays.

Cheers!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/
(Commitlogs not really informative due to spreadsheet issues)

#261 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/261.commitlog

#159 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/159.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#159 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/159:20150402:20150210/12562/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** web audio, pulse runs at 6% and screen will not blank on idle
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1391230
 => Merge requests present

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** [system settings] Count resets to 3 tries after 3 fails at sim unlock
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415850
 => Merge requests present

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

** unity8 sometimes hangs on boot
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1421009
 => Merge requests present

** can't add credit card if bank inserts a manual confirmation page
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1421421
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** After connection drops, mobile-data takes ~5m to re-connect
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418077

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,