Questions about updating "old" app

Hi,

I'm finally working on an update to uTranslate, and I've some questions:

- the original package name is 'utranslate'. Since last update, the packaging rules have changed and require to add a namespace. So when I try to upload a new version, I'm always stopped :
 - either it doesn't match the original package name
 - or it doesn't use the namespace
So what it the recommended way to update such old package ?

I guess that I have to delete the current and define a new package.
Will there be some side effects if the app name is the same ?
Will users be notified of that new version ?

Cheers,

Michel

Follow ups