Placing suggestions for new features

Hi

I have had a few ideas for new features that I would like to share, preferably with the right developers.

Previously it was suggested that this could be done by filing a bug report to the app in question on Launchpad. However, the example below is targeted at the system itself, rather than an app. Where or to whom should I send this suggestion?

Example:

At the moment, one can download a couple of different flashlight/torch apps from the Ubuntu store. This is fine, but a bit too tedious in everyday use.

When you need a flashlight it is typically dark, and you wish to switch it on/off with an absolute minimum number of "clicks". You want to be able to switch it on without unlocking the phone.

I suggest adding the flashlight to the notifications bar at the top of the screen, thus making it possible to swipe down and switch it on/off without unlocking the phone.

Where should I place this suggestion?

And, is it really considered good practice to register a suggestion for a new feature as a "bug report"?

Regards,
Ari

Follow ups