SD Card not recognized

Hello,

I have just purchased a 32gb class 10 Samsung EVO micro sd card which I
inserted into my BQ Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu phone.

I am unable to access the card at all.
The External Drives application sees that there is a card there but it
shows up with the label "00000" and I can either format the card or safely
remove it.

I have tried formatting the card, but I am still unable to access the card.

Even when plugging the phone into my PC, only the device storage shows up.

I have tried accessing the card via the File Manager with "Unlocked Access"
but the card doesn't even show up in the file manager either.

I checked the /mnt directory in the Terminal and there are no devices shown
there.

Why can't my phone see the SD card?