Ubuntu Store – application order

Hi all,

I've recently been really unhappy with the order in which applications
appear in the Ubuntu Store.

Apparently, apps are currently only sorted by their star ratings. However,
when an app gets popular, users start to use the ratings section as a way
to request new features or to report bugs.
This often goes hand in hand with bad ratings and messages similar to
"Implement A and I'll give you 5 stars". As a result, most top-notch
applications are beaten by webapps whose owners give them a single 5 star
rating.
This is exactly the reason why one cannot find Dekko and Telegram in the
communication category easily.

In my opinion, such an app with a single 5 star rating should never be
shown above an app with hundreds of reviews and an average rating of 4.x.
Brian Douglass has recently introduced an additional "heart rating" in his
appstore [1] which does the job very well in my opinion.

Would it be possible to use a similar approach in the official Ubuntu Store
scope?

Cheers,
Niklas

[1] https://uappexplorer.com/apps?sort=-points