Re: Ubuntu Store – application order

On 9 April 2015 at 14:35, Jamie Strandboge <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That seems fine. Related, for a while there was no way to modify the rating you
> previously gave to an app-- does anyone know if this has been resolved?

Related to this we have a bit of an issue with one of the core apps.

We've been 'rebooting' some core apps with new designs, and while
they're under development we've put them in the store for people to
test. This has the side effect that we have poor reviews on an
existing app, and great reviews on a new 'unreleased' app. A good
example is calculator.

https://uappexplorer.com/app/com.ubuntu.calculator - this is the
calculator which ships by default.
https://uappexplorer.com/app/com.ubuntu.developer.rpadovani.calculator
- this is the new one which is currently under QA.

The idea was that we'd replace the first with the second, and remove
the second from the store. The result will be we have a new app with
old/stale/inappropriate poor reviews, and lose the second app
completely with all its nice reviews.

If we could move the reviews over, that would be great, but I don't
know if that would be seen as against any kind of ToS or moral line,
to "manipulate" reviews given by users. "Hey! I never reviewed this
app, I reviewed another one, they're editing..." etc.

Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy
+44 (0) 7973 620 164