Re: [Developement][SDK]: My qmake experience with the SDK: a story of pain and terror.

On 04/10/2015 08:13 AM, Zoltán Balogh wrote:
> To summarize the issue... the problem is that you were using the
> unstable 15.04 Kit to make application for 14.10 devices, what worked
> fine as long  there was no significant difference between the Kit and
> the target.

Timo (Mirv) was very helpful some time ago and helped me to modify my
14.10 chroot so that I could use it to cross-compile using qmake. I've
been using that chroot since about one month, and it has always been
working fine.

See this IRC logs for instructions:

http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2015/03/23/%23ubuntu-app-devel.txt

Start at 14:20, then see 14:28 and 14:37. Basically you need to get
those debs Mirv mentioned and just copy the needed files into your
chroot (which in my machine is in
/var/lib/schroot/chroots/click-ubuntu-sdk-14.10-armhf/).

Luckily, when the BQ devices will switch to Vivid there won't be the
need for these manual steps anymore. :-)

HTH,
  Alberto