Re: importing contacts

Il 12 aprile 2015 11:15:31 CEST, Roberto Resoli <roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>Il 12 aprile 2015 10:40:38 CEST, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> ha
>scritto:
>
>>Maybe it's possible to bring my contacts by some shell (...)
>
>Yes, it is possible and I have imported contacts from my old phone this
>way.
>
>Will forward the details ASAP.

Here I am. The procedure requires you have your contacts in one or more .vcf files. Assuming the file to be:  "/home/phablet/Documents/contacts.vcf" you can import using this command:

syncevolution --import /home/phablet/Documents/contacts.vcf backend=evolution-contacts database=Personal

In my case I had a single vcf per contact, so i iterated the command over the entire fileset.

I found this solution on AskUbuntu:  http://askubuntu.com/a/372342

bye,
rob