Re: keyboard

* Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1)
> I know the 1st issue can't be solved, because it is a conceptional design
> question: The screen of the Openmoko is resistive, while the BQ has a
> capacitive one. Both have pro's and cont's, for me the biggest disadvantage
> of the BQ is that I can not address single points on the screen with
> some (plastic) pointer or a pencil and due to this we have bigger areas for the
> keys on the keyboard and not so much keys available on the same area.

I also miss being able to use a stylus, but it's a hardware
limitation.

> 3)
> How can I key-in Spanish tilded chars, like áéíóñ? (¿Cómo se puede
> teclear las letras tildes?)

Press and hold a key and it should offer you additional options
for variations.  Slide to the one you want and let go.

> 4)
> Maybe a lack of knowledge: How can I define my own keyboard and toggle
> between all available keyboards?

You can add more layouts in "system settings -> language & text",
then toggle between them with the world icon on the keyboard.

-- Selene