keyboard

Hello,

I have attached and here: http://www.unixarea.de/gta02-keyboard.png a
screen shoot of the on-screen keyboard of my beloved Openmoko
Freerunner, as well a Linux based mobile.

With the Ubuntu phone (BQ E4.5) I have a small set of issues, comparing
its keyboard with the one of the Openmoko GTA-02 device:

1)
I know the 1st issue can't be solved, because it is a conceptional design
question: The screen of the Openmoko is resistive, while the BQ has a
capacitive one. Both have pro's and cont's, for me the biggest disadvantage
of the BQ is that I can not address single points on the screen with
some (plastic) pointer or a pencil and due to this we have bigger areas for the
keys on the keyboard and not so much keys available on the same area.

2)
I'm missing some keys which I call essential for editing: the cursor
keys, some modifier keys and so on. I know that some of them are there
for the terminal app, but only for this. How, for example, can I move
the cursor in a URL of a browser to correct a misstyped char there? Or
how I do text-marking (for cut&paste) of a certain amount of chars?

3)
How can I key-in Spanish tilded chars, like áéíóñ? (¿Cómo se puede
teclear las letras tildes?)

4)
Maybe a lack of knowledge: How can I define my own keyboard and toggle
between all available keyboards?

Thanks in advance

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."