Landing team 13.04.15

Hello everyone,

Today the e-mail is a bit later than usually since I temporarily changed
my timezone.

We have a few nice news items today. First of all, we *finally* promoted
a new image to the devel channel. The latest devel-proposed image (aka
vivid-proposed) passed sanity on most of our supported platforms and is
in overall much better than the very very old last devel image (which
btw. was released during the very beginning of the vivid series). We
will now essentially try promoting more images there so that it can be a
real 'development channel'. Enjoy!
The final approach will be that every devel-proposed image that passes
automatic real-smoketest tests would be promoted to devel. But we'll
have to still wait for that as the automation is still not entirely ready.

Another good news is that we pushed our OTA-3 release candidate to the
RC channel today. This still needs some testing both on our and BQ side,
but at least krillin #270 passed our QA team's regression testing -
which is good. The planned ETA for the OTA-3 official release is this
week's Wednesday. Once that happens there will be a separate
announcement with some information about what to expect after upgrading.

With the recent developments we might need to re-think the issue tracker
idea, but that's a plan for the rest of the week.

As a final quick info: we don't have autopilot test results for our
vivid images currently due to some minor issues with calculator AP test
positioning. We should be back once that's fixed.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#270 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/270.commitlog
#269 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/269.commitlog

#170 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/170.commitlog
#169 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/169.commitlog
#168 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/168.commitlog
#167 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/167.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#170 vivid/mako
- Testing broken

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

** unity8 sometimes hangs on boot
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1421009
 => Merge requests present

** [system settings] Count resets to 3 tries after 3 fails at sim unlock
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415850
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** After connection drops, mobile-data takes ~5m to re-connect
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418077
 => Merge requests present

** Leaving Wifi does not connect to mobile carrier data (GSM)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1435328

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,