Landing team 15.04.15

Hello everyone,

Yesterday we have handed over our OTA-3 release candidate to BQ and are
still waiting for them to finish their testing. Those are apparently
currently in progress so the release date might be slightly delayed. And
even though we expect no issues with the candidate image, we still need
to be ready in case BQ finds any blocking issues on their side. We
should know more tomorrow - no worries.

Once the OTA-3 is available there will be a separate announcement on
this mailing list about it along with the usual commitlog and milestone
bug list. We heard a lot of requests for more detailed changelogs on
each release and we're working on improving those in the nearest future.
Please remember that OTA-3 is mostly about stability and bugfixes so
there's not too many exciting new features to write about. We would like
to improve stability as much as possible before working on completely
new goodies.

We also heard about some issues with aa-clickhook on the latest
devel/devel-proposed images. We are looking into those and still trying
to identify the root cause of the problem. You can track progress on the
bug itself here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/click-apparmor/+bug/1444347

If you can reproduce the issue, please help us out with providing useful
information in the bug report comments.

With the final freeze close by, soon QA will be re-visiting vivid
regression testing to check if we're good enough to switch our stable
baseline to vivid. Once that happens, the first vivid-based stable OTA
will have a lot of good fixes that should interest all of our users. We
tried holding off invasive feature-work to stabilize the image as much
as we can though.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

#270 14.09/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-rtm/270.commitlog

#172 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/172.commitlog
#171 vivid/mako
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu/vivid/171.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
ubuntu : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/
ubuntu-rtm : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch_stable/

#172 vivid/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch/mako/172:20150415:20150210/12631/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu RTM):

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

* Blocking issues (Ubuntu):

** Alarms are not set on manta devices
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1398945

** Wifi list is empty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1416424

** Network indicator lists the non-exist AP (timeout for the AP to be
removed is too big, ~6min)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425172

** Vivid image 121: Gps tag is permanently turn off on krillin when the
custom tarball is installed
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1425625

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307

** unity8 sometimes hangs on boot
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1421009
 => Merge requests present

** [system settings] Count resets to 3 tries after 3 fails at sim unlock
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1415850
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** After connection drops, mobile-data takes ~5m to re-connect
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418077
 => Merge requests present

** Leaving Wifi does not connect to mobile carrier data (GSM)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1435328
 => Merge requests present

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.