Re: BQ Aquaris Ubuntu Edition : screen darkening

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Johan Gautreau <johan13220@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi !

Hi Johan,

> I'm a happy owner of the new BQ Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition. I'm using it
> since the end of March and I found something a bit annoying...
>
> I set the screen to stop after 10 minutes of inactivity. But when I use the
> phone, the screen fade to dark after a minute or two if I don't touch it. It
> doesn't turn off but it became very dark. I can see things on it yet, but
> it's very annoying when I try to watch a video or read something. If I want
> to return the screen to normal state, I must touch it.

This is intended, when unused the screen dims to save battery.

What’s not intended however is that it’s happening when playing back a
video. This is a known issue for webapps (the renderer tries to
inhibit screen blanking/dimming but this is prevented by apparmor), so
I assume you’re seeing this in the youtube app? Could you confirm that
this doesn’t happen when watching videos on youtube.com from the
browser?