Re: Add apps to app scope top list

On Sun, 2015-04-19 at 12:40 +0200, Michał Sawicz wrote:
> W dniu 19.04.2015 o 11:16, Simeon pisze:
> > I have one question regarding the app scope:
> > Currently, there are 6 apps listed/pinned to the top (phone, contacts, messages, camera, browser and
> > clock).
> > Can I add/remove/change them? Replace clock with Dekko for example?
>
> Not yet, sorry, we're working towards that end, though.

Actually, you can, but there is no UI to alter that list. It is just a
dconf key, so it can be customized. To change the clock app in the list,
one just needs to set the key with all the apps, like so:

gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.ClickScope core-apps '["dialer-app", "messaging-app", "address-book-app", "com.ubuntu.camera_camera", "webbrowser-app", "dekko.dekkoproject"]'

To restore to default, just run:

gsettings reset com.canonical.Unity.ClickScope core-apps

It should be possible to run these from the Terminal app, though I am
not sure if the gsettings command is blocked by apparmor. If so, you can
enable developer mode and use phablet-shell while connected over USB, to
run these commands.