Re: BQ handset, a few (minor) issues with [2, 3]G cellular, bluetooth, keyboard vibration

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Gijs Hillenius <gijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> A few small issues I'm experiencing with the BQ handset, running 14.10
> (r21). Hope it is ok to list them here?
>
> 1) Phone data connection does not always come on automatically.
>
>    Upon leaving the office / home wifi network, I'd ideally want the BQ
>    to connect asap to the nearest 2G or 3G cellular communication
>    network. This does not always work, and requires switching off and on
>    "Mobile" or worse, rebooting.
>
> 2) Bluetooth/Mobile
>
>    I have Bluetooth off. Switching off/on Mobile (see above) turns
>    Bluetooth back on.
>
> 3) Keyboard sound and haptic feedback
>
>    I have keyboard sound and keyboard vibration off. Yet there is haptic
>    feedback in many instances, including unlocking the phone, accessing
>    the settings, clicking on apps in the Apps scope, accessing the menu
>    in the browser.
>
> And some questions /ideas I'd hope to eventually answer (myself) but
> perhaps others have suggestions
>
> a) I'd love a CLI to the phone: ssh -> phablet:~$ dial +32 1234 6789

If you’ve enabled developer mode and made your phone writable, you can
install url-dispatcher-tools (`sudo apt-get install
url-dispatcher-tools`), and from the shell just execute:

    url-dispatcher tel:+3212346789

Note that this will open the dialer and dial the number, but it won’t
automatically initiate the call, you’ll still have to press the green
button.