Re: bq Aquaris E4.5: GPS doesn't work

On 04/22/2015 12:13 PM, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
Le 22/04/2015 08:58, Heroldich Robin a écrit :
Hi all!

I think my GPS doesn't work on my bq Aquaris E4.5. I tried it several time, but no luck. (r21)

Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/kKMg404
http://imgur.com/kKMg404,JAoea2t#1
http://imgur.com/583puq2 (Yes, I know my mobile internet is disabled in the third picture, I only want to show here my settings.)

Any idea?

Hey,

There are been several reports of issues with gps, e.g
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/location-service/+bug/1444508
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-location/+bug/1442105

You might want to open a bug on
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/location-service/+filebug
including the info from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Process/Merges/TestPlan/location-service#Forensics

Do you have working SIM card with data? Without that it might take a while to get the gps position working, how long did you stay outside waiting for a signal?

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher

There might be another reason why the GPS does not work:
there are two switches in the gui to switch the gps on.
One in under SystemSettings -> Battery and
one when you pull down the top bar.
Make sure *both* are set to on, they seem to work independent of each other.

Kind regards,
Ed