Re: bq Aquaris E4.5: GPS doesn't work

On Wednesday, 22 April 2015 11:13:29 BST, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
There are been several reports of issues with gps, e.g
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/location-service/+bug/1444508
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-location/+bug/1442105

I tested out my GPS yesterday because I haven't had a GPS position for a few weeks now, and it definitely seems to be broken. It used to work.

I tested this using OSMTouch, I disabled WiFi, so I could be sure it wasn't a location from Here. After a 21-22 min walk outside, with no overhead cover at any point, my location was still only accurate to several kilometers (which I assume is cell tower positioning). I also made sure the app was open and the phone never slept during the entire journey, just to be sure.

I'm using mako, previously on rtm, switched to stable a few days before this test.

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device