Problem with keyboard

bq device, r21.
I am experiencing a big problem with the behaviour of the keyboard, related
to switching language layout, and a small one related to autocorrect.

I have 4 keyboard layouts set (Italian, English, German and Emoji). I am
not always aware of the last language I used, so sometimes I start typing
and then notice that the language of the hints is different from the one I
need.

I have two options:
1) finish the word, so the autocorrect changes it to what it thinks that is
right, then erase it, change language and type it again.
2) press (or long press) the "World icon" to change language, this will
erase the word that I wrote, then I have to type the word again.

What I would expect is that using option 2) the word does not get erased,
but simply the hints change to the ones in the language that I select (We
are all used to this behaviour on Android, as well as on our computers).

Germans know how long a word can be and how annoying this can be,
especially if you are not texting but writing something in a form in the
browser or writing an email.

And indeed the worst things happen when you are typing fast, because
sometimes this button gets pressed instead of the space bar (because the
latter is objectively short), so your word gets erased and the language
changes without any advice.

The small problem related to autocorrect is that with English it works
amazingly, but with Italian it definitely does not.
When you mistype something in English usually the corrector recognizes it
and the first hint is the right word, so when you press the space it gets
corrected.
On the contrary, in Italian it happens often that the first hint is exactly
the mistyped word and there is no other hint, so you have to cancel all the
word back to the error and start again (and we all know how painful this
can be if you miss it and then you have to come back with the cursor).

To give a practical example to you, let's pick two words on common use with
the same length;
in English "Highqays", correctly corrected in "Highways" and in Italian
"Facviamo", that does not get corrected to "Facciamo" (tr.: we make), and
indeed does not get corrected at all.

Should I open a couple of bugs? Against which packages?

dadexix86

Follow ups