Re: [BQ] no permission using adb

hi,

Am Dienstag, den 05.05.2015, 13:07 +0000 schrieb Alberto Pagliarini:
> Ehi thanks for the suggestions,  "powerd-cli display on" should do the
> work but...
>

> Is it an expected behavior that when the display turns off adb loses
> the connection to device and not recover it anymore?
> It sounds like a bug to me

adb definitely loses the connection when you reconfigure the gadget
since the android driver tears down USB for it (and fires it up in the
new config afterwards) which forcefully kills adb, there is nothing we
can do about this ...

it should beyond this never lose the connection if you are logged in ...
it will not allow a new connection if the screen is locked though ...

so if you were logged in and used android-gadget-service while the
screen was off, you will indeed be kicked out and not get in without
unlocking the screen again ...

... if you see the connection being closed when logged in via adb just
when the screen gets dark, this would be a bug, yes (though none that
anyone has observed before. that would be rather gross and raise a bunch
of alarm bells (and even potentially break our automated image tests))

ciao
	oli