Re: [BQ] no permission using adb

Hi,

On 05.05.2015 15:20, Mike Sheldon wrote:
> Hi Alberto,
>
> On Tue, 2015-05-05 at 13:07 +0000, Alberto Pagliarini wrote:
>> Ehi thanks for the suggestions,  "powerd-cli display on" should
>> do the work but...
>>

>> Is it an expected behavior that when the display turns off adb
>> loses the connection to device and not recover it anymore? It
>> sounds like a bug to me
>
> ADB access is disabled deliberately when the device is locked for
> increased security (otherwise someone who's stolen your phone
> could access your data via ADB); however you can disable this
> behaviour by running:
>
> sudo touch /userdata/.adb_onlock
>
> (Directly on the phone)
>
> After which adb will always be available regardless of whether
> your phone is locked or not. This also gets performed automatically
> for you if you flash the phone with the --developer-mode option.

FWIW, TweakGeek [1] allows you to enable/disable USB tethering as well
as the adb_onlock thing with a graphical interface.

Be sure to know about the security implications that apply when
enabling adb_onlock. Essentially if you lose your phone, anyone with
knowledge about adb can access data on your phone without having to
unlock the device.

[1] https://open.uappexplorer.com/app/tweakgeek.mzanetti