Re: Landing team 05.05.15

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 05.05.2015, 20:00 +0200 schrieb Niklas Wenzel:
> Hi,
>

>         Currently there are no plans of
>         wily-based touch devices in the future, so we'll probably
>         stick with
>         vivid for nearest time. We might implement something similar
>         to a
>         dual-landing scheme, where every vivid landing would be
>         auto-synced to
>         wily, but this is still something under consideration.
>

> May I ask for the reason of that?

the phones need a stable base, do not worry, all features that would go
into a wily image will land in your vivid phone install.

the planned switch of the phone to snappy will simply mean that a lot of
breakage will very likely happen in wily for a while. not rolling out
monthly OTAs is not really an option. stopping phone development until
wily has stabilized isn't either.

so the base of the phone stays on vivid for the time being, development
and bug fixes happen there too, all of that will land in parallel in
wily as well, where we will eventually have experimental snappy images

ciao
	oli.