Re: Bq Aquaris and Nexus 4 power button - screen wakeup issue

Hi all,

I think I've tracked down the "slow wakeup" to in-kernel
power-management in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1421455 .
Basically powerd instructs the kernel to wake up by writing the string
"on" to /sys/power/state and something inside the kernel takes much
longer than expected. powerd blocks on this write() for about half a
second and only then turns on the screen, which takes a bit of time as
well, so the total time from the power button press to a visible image
on the screen is slightly more than one second on my device.

Sadly I don't know how to debug the kernel issue.

kind regards,
Simon