Re: dekko && deleting mails via IMAPS

On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 09:59 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have configured an addition mail account within dekko to be able to
> manage my company mailbox (an OutLook 365 system). The configuration of
> IMAP and SMTP went fine and I have full read and send access (which is
> really much better then reading mails with a browser via owa365 access).
>
> It seems that mails which I delete with Dekko remain on the OutLook
> server; I did the following test scenario:
>
> - closed OutLook in Win7
> - sent an email from somewhere to the OutLook account
> - started Dekko in BQ (the mail is there)
> - opened the mail in Dekko
> - deleted the mail (click on basket)
> - the mail is dropped from the inbox in Dekko
> - closed Dekko
> - re-started the OutLook client in Win7 -- the mail is still there, not
>   marked as new;
>
> Any ideas?
>
> 	matthias
> --
> Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
> "Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."
> "Si el hombre es formado por las circunstancias entonces es necesario formar humanamente
> las circunstancias", Karl Marx in Die heilige Familie / La sagrada familia (MEW 2, 138)

Hi Matthias,

In imap, you just mark a message for deletion, the real deletion is done
later in a "purge" run.
In the dekko settings you can switch off "hide messages marked for
deletion"
I can't seem to find the option to purge the files that are marked for
deletion, perhaps it is not there yet.

Kind regards,
Ed