Re: dekko && deleting mails via IMAPS

On 13/05/15 08:59, Matthias Apitz wrote:

Hello,

I have configured an addition mail account within dekko to be able to
manage my company mailbox (an OutLook 365 system). The configuration of
IMAP and SMTP went fine and I have full read and send access (which is
really much better then reading mails with a browser via owa365 access).

It seems that mails which I delete with Dekko remain on the OutLook
server; I did the following test scenario:

- closed OutLook in Win7
- sent an email from somewhere to the OutLook account
- started Dekko in BQ (the mail is there)
- opened the mail in Dekko
- deleted the mail (click on basket)
- the mail is dropped from the inbox in Dekko

If you didn't setup a trash folder in the mailbox behaviour settings then Dekko hasn't dropped the message from your inbox, it's still there. The only thing that's happened is the \Deleted flag was set on the message. You can either scroll the header sections (All/Unread/Starred) to the left to show the Deleted filter, where you will see the message is there with a strike through the text. Or you can also disable hide messages marked for deletion in the settings.

- closed Dekko
- re-started the OutLook client in Win7 -- the mail is still there, not
   marked as new;
If outlook just just shows it as unread and gives no indication it has been marked for deletion then outlook is plain broken.

To expunge messages marked for deletion you need to go to the mailbox list view and open the trailing (left swipe) contextual actions on a mailbox. From there you can run the "Expunge mailbox" action on the selected mailbox. This is the only place in Dekko that can actually fully delete messages on the server. This is the same as Thunderbirds "Compact" action.

Now if you set a trash mailbox, then by default we just move it to that mailbox but don't mark it as deleted. You would need to mark & expunge in the designated trash mailbox to fully delete them. I plan to add in the near future an "Empty trash" action which will do the mark & expunge in one go.

Regards

Dan