Re: ANNOUNCING: New Dual Landings in CI Train

Hello everyone,

The new dual-landing functionality has now also been added to our
LandingProcess documentation. So whenever you're in doubt, please
consult our soon-all-knowing docs:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess

We will be adding more high-level documentation outlining which use-case
should use which process soon.

W dniu 26.05.2015 o 01:28, Robert Park pisze:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just gone live with a new feature for CI Train. If your project
> has not yet branched in wily (ie, if you are landing the same code in
> wily as you are in vivid overlay PPA), then this is for you.
>
> How it works:
>
> 1. When you create a landing request, specify "ubuntu/dual" in column
> H of the spreadsheet.
>
> 2. Get a trainguard to assign your silo as usual.
>
> 3. Build your silo as usual. What will happen is, the train will
> collect and build all your MPs for wily, but will also duplicate this
> source package for vivid as well. At the end of the build run, the
> silo PPA will contain both wily & vivid versions of your package, with
> appropriate version numbers.
>
> 4. Test / validate / QA your silo as usual.
>
> 5. At publish time, the wily packages will be submitted to
> wily-proposed in the usual way, and the vivid packages will be copied
> directly to stable-phone-overlay PPA.
>
> 6. Silo will merge & clean as usual.
>

> If you have any questions or concerns, please send them directly to me.
>
> Thanks!

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak