Re: Dekko losing accounts and no way to back-up

Hi Dan,

thanks to all of you for the quick replies.

On Thu, 28 May 2015, Dan Chapman wrote:
On 28/05/15 20:30, Torsten Sachse wrote:
today, I noticed that my Dekko had suddenly lost all account information
as it said "No email account is setup yet. Add one?" I'm a bit reluctant
to add all my accounts again as I don't know what caused the problem.

I find it strange that this could actually happen.

Could you take a look in ~/.config/dekko.dekkoproject/dekko.dekkoproject.conf and see if your account settings are still in there? Also did relaunching Dekko result in the same screen showing?

The contents of the file are as follows:
[global]
imap.enableId=true
preference.previewLines=2
preferences.allowGravatar=true
preferences.autoExpunge=false
preferences.autoLoadImages=true
preferences.hideMarkedDeleted=true
preferences.markAsRead=immediately
preferences.preferPlainText=false
preferences.theme=Ubuntu.Components.Themes.Ambiance

So I'm afraid all my account information is gone.  But now I know what
to backup in case this happens again. On a side note: what would setting
preferences.autoExpunge=true do? Would this automatically expunge an
email when deleted?

2) Is this a known issue for Dekko? Unfortunately, I don't have any log
or debug output since I had to restart the phone to make the browser app
work again. I also could not find an appropriate bug on launchpad.

We had an issue which was fixed recently where deleting an account and then exiting settings would result in the "No accounts" screen showing. But relaunching Dekko would reload the remaining accounts fine.

Relaunching Dekko did not help, neither did rebooting the phone change
anything. I'm still seeing the same screen. I also don't remember having
done anything unusual. I had a random reboot today and the brighness
slider in the notification area was behaving weirdly afterwards
(brighness could be changed but the slider did not update). Another
reboot solved the issue.

I don't know whether any of this is linked to losing the account
information as I haven't checked my emails using the phone for some
hours after said reboot. I had a look at Dekko's logfiles and I'll be
sending them to you in a separate email in case they're of any help.

Thanks a lot for all your time and effort.

Torsten