Re: Meizu MX4

Hello,
It's because of Little Kernel (the bootloader) you can have a look here :
https://github.com/suribi/Thunder-Kernel/blob/master/mediatek/platform/mt6582/lk/platform.c[1]
If you read through the code, you'll see how the fastboot implementation
is done by Mediatek, they can enforce/remove commands etc... so we'll
have to wait the source code release to see what has been done by Meizu.
Meanwhile if someone worked on Mediatek chips before they could give us
an helping hand ;)
Le samedi 30 mai 2015, 13:40:46 Stefano Biella a écrit :
> On 29/05/2015 11:34, John McAleely wrote:
> > I will note this from personal experience: Meizu ship many devices
> > (initially depending on the market) with bootloaders that do not allow
> > reflashing to Ubuntu or any other OS (even new versions of Android).
The
> > actions of importers and distributors make it impractical to clearly
> > state 'in this market, Android versions of the MX4 can be reflashed'.
As

--------
[1] https://github.com/suribi/Thunder-Kernel/blob/master/mediatek/platform/mt6582/lk/platform.c