System and Process monitoring

Dear list,

I am currently working on an article about monitoring system and process
activity on the device. I want to restrict it to possibilities that the
device offers "out of the box", so anybody can follow without having to
modify the core system.

So far I found the following "obvious" things:

- ps
- top
- vmstat
- ss
- netstat
- strace
- ltrace

Plus the following "not so obvious" things:

- /proc
- /sys
- ftrace (quite limited on the phone, but may be usable)

I would like to ask all of you if you know of more tools, which tools
you use most often, which parameters (e.g. for ps) you usually append
and which interesting problem you've maybe solved using one of these tools.

kind regards,
Simon

Follow ups