how do I delete an APN?

The update to Ubuntu 14.10 (r22) on the BQ Aquaris E4.5 has made
switching between WIFI and cellular data somewhat better, but every now
and then I still have to toggle on/off flight mode to prod the cellular
connection into action.

Somewhat related: I can create an APN, but how to delete one? Deleting
all the text, means the APN cannot be saved.

Travelling by train from .BE to .NL and back yesterday, I tried to
switch Mobile Data from the .BE to the .NL sim card.

I could not get it to work over the second sim card, but this is
probably not phone related. It explains trying out several APN
settings. How to clean the slate?

Follow ups