Re: Ubuntu Browser doesn't present system language to websites.

On 06/11/2015 12:25 AM, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
Have a look at
https://askubuntu.com/questions/578455/how-can-i-set-the-user-agent-in-a-webapp
which shows two ways to set the User Agent for a webapp.
It could be something similar to set the Accept-Language header field.

The first version was born specifically because Tutanota claimed to have whitelisted the Ubuntu browser but did not for another week or so. I created the webapp because the website really does provide a premium mobile experience. I hope to build a 'native' Cordova app in the future and was invited by the Tutanota team to send pull requests to the github project.

The only way it would be acceptable to set the Accept-Language header field specifically would be if I wanted a separate German webapp in the store. I already had professional localization offered for the German description. Since most users are German, I'd like for their system language settings to be automatically detected and not have 10 identical entries in the Ubuntu App Store. (Which I can't do anyway because it's not possible to set the Accept-Language header from the command line anyway.)

Thank you for the LP project name.  I'll file a bug as promised.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/