Re: Ubuntu Browser doesn't present system language to websites.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 3:46 AM, Nathan Haines <nhaines@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I created a webapp for the secure email service Tutanota.  One nice
> feature is that it is localized in several different lanaguages and it
> automatically presents its interface in the user's preferred language.
>
> Unfortunately, the Ubuntu browser does not present the Accept-Language
> header and Tutanota does not offer language as a settings option.
>
> I think it would be optimal if the browser uses the system language as the
> Accept-Language header (and would be awesome if it used the active keyboard
> layout options to create a list of additional languages), and of course
> even better if the browser settings page also allowed customization as well.
>
> More information on this header is available here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.4
>
> If someone points me to a Launchpad project, I'll happily file a bug.

Have a look at
https://askubuntu.com/questions/578455/how-can-i-set-the-user-agent-in-a-webapp
which shows two ways to set the User Agent for a webapp.
It could be something similar to set the Accept-Language header field.

Indeed, if the webapp does not inherit the system language in
Accept-Language, then it's a bug.
For a bug report, have a look at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app

Simos