Development Process Organisation

Hi list,

I am curious about how the development process is organised, both of the OS itself and applications.

I am mainly interested in understanding the differences of development between the desktop OS and the phone OS. I would probably need to refresh my knowledge on how the desktop OS is being developed since last time I checked was for Debian a good 10 years ago!

And then regarding the apps I would like to understand the process of getting an app into the store. Since the only way I know is the apt packages with maintainers... What role plays Ubuntu / Canonical and the community.

I am interested in understanding the whole picture, not just from the developer or user perspective. If you know a place to start to get a good overview, I think I can find my way from there.

Thanks!
Bastien

Follow ups