Re: BQ4.5 damage, first report.

Your theoretical point stands.

But keep in mind that security is only useful so long as it doesn't obstruct usability. The reason why encryption isn't widely the norm is because it just isn't trivial and you usually have to make a choice between security and functionality.

An important call may tell you about an emergency situation - taking longer to pick it up may mean that you miss it. You might not have the details to call back the same person or no direction number making it very time consuming.

It could be you being unconscious on the floor while a helpful person could pick up to inform somebody who knows you.

Something to think about, if you haven't experienced any of these at least you might consider how vital the effects can be to others.

Regards,
   Christian

Am Do, 11. Jun, 2015 um 4:03 schrieb Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
El día Thursday, June 11, 2015 a las 09:44:06PM +0200, Torsten Sachse escribió:

 > Nokia 3310 has green answer button I'm sure.
> The interaction to access calls / messages on calls on ubuntu touch to me
 > is far superior than any other phone I've used
 >
 > Wayne

I partly agree. The only things I don't understand are 1) why the slider has to be so narrow and 2) why it is not located in the middle of the
 screen.  That would make it a lot easier to reach and to operate,
 expecially considering how today's phones get bigger and bigger but
people's hands don't. I, for one, have comparatively small hands. On my
 android phone, the slider-equivalent used to be in the middle thus
making it a lot easier to reach for me. It also had a back button on the upper left (software) and lower right (hardware) meaning I could use the
 phone with either hand. But that's another story.

Sorry, but I keep thinking that if anyone who found a device which is
locked by a passcode, but SIM signed in, can accept any incoming call,
that this is a security issue. More, can the attacker after accepting the call even make an outgoing call to "invite" a 3rd person into the conference or has access to contact data while in the call? I have not tested this. And keep in mind, the caller could be the attacker itself to get access to this
features on a normaly locked device.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211 +49-176-38902045 "Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden." "Si el hombre es formado por las circunstancias entonces es necesario formar humanamente las circunstancias", Karl Marx in Die heilige Familie / La sagrada familia (MEW 2, 138)