Re: BQ4.5 damage, first report.

Hi,

i can of get what your saying, but like any new device especially this one ive
had to change to get used to the way it works and have to say im getting
settled down but on the other hand this is early days and this phone /
operating system has sooo much scope and modifications im for sure know they
are on the way were just fortunate to be in at the early days.

Sure, it's new. So it's clear it cannot yet compete with the big players in
terms of functionality. But some things just seem like poor design choices to
me. Once the next OTA is out, I'm actually planning on writing a comprehensive
review where I detail what Ubuntu Touch does better than the rest (which is an
awful lot!) and where little alterations could improve the system a lot, all
IMHO of course. Since this is an open community, I'm sure the likelyhood of such
a review being appreciated is a lot higher than in, say, the iOS community (if
there even is such a thing).

Its like the centre circle on the lock screen has so much potential if you have the proper ubuntu phone in the proper case with the circle cut out.. imagine the circle having them time and date at the top. the notifications in the middle and a play / pause button at the bottom for music and when the phone rings u can press a green button or slide to answer? without even opening your phone case?

Yes, it has potential, which is wasted up to now unfortunately. At the moment,
it would make more sense to me to ask for the lockcode straight away without
first having to swipe away the circle. I'm not really interested in knowing how
many text messages I've sent or received. But I'm curious to see where it's
headed and willing to live with it for the time being.

Now because of the nature of the beast im for certain this will be introduced its just as sake of waiting as they are just working getting the phone stable and all the features enabled and preserving battery life and other features etc..

Battery life on my BQ4.5 is already a lot better than on any android phone I
ever had! Here's hoping that support for phones won't be dropped after 2 years
as it is with android...

I hope you get my direction, stick with t its amazing :) just wait....

I'll stick with it, for sure. Android is getting more and more locked down so
I'm actually aching to permanently switch to something truely open with an open
community that does not have to void their warranties to achieve openness. If
there'll ever be a Ubuntu phone with a hardware keybord, I'll get it straight
away.

Torsten

On 11/06/15 20:44, Torsten Sachse wrote:
>  Nokia 3310 has green answer button I'm sure.
> The interaction to access calls / messages on calls on ubuntu touch to > me is far superior than any other phone I've used > > Wayne

 I partly agree. The only things I don't understand are 1) why the slider
 has to be so narrow and 2) why it is not located in the middle of the
 screen.  That would make it a lot easier to reach and to operate,
 expecially considering how today's phones get bigger and bigger but
 people's hands don't. I, for one, have comparatively small hands. On my
 android phone, the slider-equivalent used to be in the middle thus
 making it a lot easier to reach for me. It also had a back button on the
 upper left (software) and lower right (hardware) meaning I could use the
 phone with either hand. But that's another story.

 Torsten