Re: OSMTouch and pre-fetch tiles

El día Saturday, June 13, 2015 a las 04:52:13PM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> Both cover the same region of the map in zoom level 9. So far so good.
>
> I was thinking to copy over the tiles from my netbook to the BQ and just
> generating on the fly the correct names osm_100-1-.....
>
> But, I have compared the files and they have a different look and feel (both
> attached). Anybody knows why they are different?

The difference is explained in:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Slippy_map_tilenames

The same zoom/x/y.png tiles gets delivered in different styles from
different servers, here for the example 9/266/170.png:

Standard:
http://a.tile.openstreetmap.org/9/266/170.png

MapQuest:
http://otile1.mqcdn.com/tiles/1.0.0/osm/9/266/170.png

OpenCycleMap Transport (experimental):
http://a.tile2.opencyclemap.org/transport/9/266/170.png

Just click the URLs and you will see the difference. I was using until
now 'Standard', OSMTouch is using 'MapQuest' style.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."