OSMTouch and pre-fetch tiles

Hello,

The background of my question is, that I often travel to places where
you do not have access to Internet via data mobile. In my netbook with
FreeBSD I'm using foxtrotGPS and pre-fetched tiles, i.e. they are already
stored in the disk and foxtroGPS makes use of the png-files. There is a
small C-written tool which generates all tiles file names for the two
coordinates of a rectangle you give to that tool.
Than one just uses wget to fetch down the ~1000000 tiles and you have
them stored in the disk for offline usage.

The name structure is the same as in the OSM server, i.e. for example:

9/266/170.png

The OSMTouch app caches the tiles below /home/phablet/.cache/me.yohanboniface.osmtouch/

and the tiles for that same place has for the OSMTouch the name

osm_100-1-9-266-170.png

Both cover the same region of the map in zoom level 9. So far so good.

I was thinking to copy over the tiles from my netbook to the BQ and just
generating on the fly the correct names osm_100-1-.....

But, I have compared the files and they have a different look and feel (both
attached). Anybody knows why they are different?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."