Re: Off-topic: why not top-post?

If you want rich text via SSH you might wanna check out Terminology from E17, though there's no email client that would really take advantage of it.

Am Mo, 15. Jun, 2015 um 1:39 schrieb Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
El día Monday, June 15, 2015 a las 01:33:33PM -0400, Robert Schroll escribió:

 On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:
> Fully agreed. The problem with many "modern" MUA is, that they do not
 > support this well:
 > - they do not offer correct citating
 > - they put the cursor and the future signature on top (as Outlook
 > does)
 > - they do not offer rich edit features, only a text area, not
 > features like
 > vim offers

May I take this opportunity to let you know about Geary [1], a GTK IMAP client? Geary has a select-to-reply feature: Select the text you wish
 to quote and hit reply.  That text is properly cited and quoted, and
 the cursor is placed after the quote, but before your signature.

Thanks for the pointer. Does it run in ssh sessions in an xterm or even
in a VT102? If not, I can not make use of it. I do
use mutt+vim to read and write mails.

	matthias

 [1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Geary

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211 +49-176-38902045 "Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden." "Si el hombre es formado por las circunstancias entonces es necesario formar humanamente las circunstancias", Karl Marx in Die heilige Familie / La sagrada familia (MEW 2, 138)