Updates and channels?

Hello,

I use channel vivid-proposed(-customized) on my BQ and install updates
via apt-get. But I got no new features since weeks like in the new
stable OTA-4 (tethering and so on). And I got no OTA-4 changes today at
this moment.

The situation is very confusing for now and maybe I'm not the only one
who is confused about the channels and updates.

Questions:
1. Do I need the overlay PPA because vivid-proposed(-customized) is no
longer really supported with new development changes?
2. What's the new development channel: the overlay PPA or wily or both?
What's recommended for old devel channel users?
3. Since the overlay PPA what's the difference between vivid-proposed
(devel) and stable? Since OTA-4 the stable is vivid, too (not at my
device) but I expected to get updates earlier then the stable but I got
no tethering and so on until now. So vivid-proposed seems to be out of
date behind the stable for now? Forever? Or because the use of apt-get?

Greetings, lgd

Follow ups