Re: Wi-Fi off drains battery

* Marek Greško <mgresko8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to ask whether anybody else is observing, that the
> bq aquaris phone is draining battery faster when Wi-Fi is
> turned off?

There is a bug for a different phone where power usage is too
high with wifi on (while the screen is off), but in my
measurements so far the power is much lower when wifi is off.

I'll know more soon though, as I'm currently automating/ugrading
this type of power testing on arale and I intend to check the
code on krillin (bq aquaris) too.  Since the test semantics are
changing, I'll have to re-run tests for previous releases to make
sure our old results are correct -- which should reveal if (and
when) any bugs might have happened.

-- Selene