Offline routing with maps on SD-card (was Re: [Ubuntu-phone ][ubuntu-phone] Offline routing application - Publishing problems)

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015, Frans Schreuder wrote:

The problem is that the current version of Ubuntu doesn't allow read access to the SD card, unless you
specify a rule in the apparmor file.
[...]
For now I published a version of OSMScout without the special rules, so it only allows read / write
access to maps located in $HOME/.local/share/osmscout.fransschreuder/Maps

Hi Frans & developers,

do you reckon this problem could be temporarily fixed by creating a soft link
to a directory on the SD-card or would that sill require that special apparmor
rule? If a simlink does not work, it might help to create an image as a
container on the SD-card and mount it to the folder mentioned above. I don't
want to circumvent any system security but I'm rather wondering whether there
is a temporary way to still have the maps on the SD-card. Will try both ways
tomorrow or on Sunday.

Torsten