Re: Offline routing with maps on SD-card (was Re: [Ubuntu-phone ][ubuntu-phone] Offline routing application - Publishing problems)

There is one possible fix, until the reviewers press the freakin' button
"manual review approved".
Just go to Github, download the sourcecode.
Install ubuntu-sdk and open
libosmscout/OSMScout/OSMScout.pro

Edit OSMScout.apparmor and paste the following content:

{
    "policy_groups": [
        "location",
        "networking",
        "audio"
    ],
    "policy_version": 1.3,
    "read_path": [
        "/media/",
        "@{HOME}/Documents/[Mm][Aa][Pp][Ss]/"
    ],
    "write_path": [
        "/media/*/*/[Mm][Aa][Pp][Ss]/",
        "@{HOME}/Documents/[Mm][Aa][Pp][Ss]/"
    ]
}

Then compile and install on device. That should give you access to the
SD card.
It may also help if more people complain about this issue... Security
measures don't help if they are so stringent that people start looking
for workarounds.